The Arms Dealer building actually contains two functions: the Redemption Store, and the Fortune Wheel.
The Redemption Store now allows you quick access to most if not all of the stores available in AMS, including:
- Arms Dealer (Store)
- Corps Store
- Black Market (Air Force Factory - Air Force Supply)
- Friendship Shop (Friends)
- Silver Store (War Game Recruit Room)
- Loot Store (Special Operations - Counterattack)
- Workshop (Bonus - Mad Scientist)
Arms Dealer (Store):
The Arms Dealer Store was the original store that stood behind the original building. The Arms Dealer Store becomes available when you perform two attacks (on toys or players) and/or create troops, and it's arrival is announced with a banner:
You can buy lots of valuable items here using gold, paint, or plastic (depending on the item and the offer). Once opened, the store remains available for 2 hours, after which it cannot be opened for another 2 hours. The store offerings may also be "refreshed" a total of 5 times. The first refresh is free, and the subsequent refreshes require gold at an increasing cost (25, 50, 75, and 100 gold). The offerings are broken down into 4 rows: Resources, Speed Up, Hot, and Other. Items can also be discounted anywhere from 10% to 60%, and there can be some very good deals here.
The offerings available are different depending on player HQ level. At early player levels (levels 1-8) you can purchase an 8-hour Aegis, however the 24-hour Aegis isn't available until higher levels.
At HQ level 9 the 24-hour Aegis becomes available for purchase. Here are some examples of items that are available at higher levels:
My general strategy is as follows:
- Purchase Metal or Plastic packs with Paint;
- I used to purchase Metal packs with Plastic, however my stash of Plastic has become low recently, so I've stopped this for now;
- Purchase March Speedups and Anti-Scouts with resources;
- Purchase Aegis and Advanced Teleport with gold when they are at the largest discount (-60%)
The Fortune Wheel is a daily event that allows you to get items for free.
I have noticed some differences between older fields and newer fields, and I believe you only start with 1 spin at low levels, graduating up to 3 spins at higher levels.
Fortune Wheel is one of the tasks included in the Advanced AMS Assistant, which is available for purchase at $4.99/month.